Power Women Magazine | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Two Cents

This week I want to add in "my two cents" on what Brian was saying about the press release from Mitchell Mortanza ( LFL chairman / Commissioner ) . As I read through the statement I was feeling great excitement with a little fear mixed in.
  I want to begin by saying that I think the LFL has done quite an amazing job. They beat their attendance projections in the 2009 season by 30% and were able to bring in enough revenue to continue on into what will soon be the 2010 season. The thing that excites me the most about this article is where it would appear he league is headed.

   "THROUGHOUT THE SPRING AND SUMMER MONTHS WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING MANY EXCITING NEW VENTURES SUCH AS INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION GAMES, SPONSORS, TELEVISION REALITY SERIES, AND LFL FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAMES BEING BRAODCAST ON A MAJOR CABLE BROADCAST NETWORK. THESE ARE CERTAINLY EXCITING TIMES AT THE LEAGUE WITH MORE OPPORTUNITIES BEING PRESENTED THAN WE CAN PERSUE."
( From an Press Release at http://www.lflus.com/news/stateoftheleagueaddress.html)

  I have to ask myself when I read this though, how much of this will really pan out? My response would have to be that the league has already beaten any expectation that were placed upon it by me, and what is to stop the league from really taking off? The league truly has set up on something of great appeal to men, beautifully sexy women who can play ball and fight for it. I would have to say that my fear is the same as brian stated in his article though. If the league begins to stretch to thin and focus to broadly I fear they will not achieve the goal they hope to. I believe the best strategy will be for them to produce another season very well again, and work on TV spots and the reality show. I think this would bring the most awareness to the US consumer and ultimately the cash influx the league needs to grow. We will have only to wait and see, as time will tell. Keep your fingers crossed and lets hope for the best. Till next time everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment