Power Women Magazine | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Monday, March 15, 2010

Down, Set, Hut, Hut


The Seattle Mist became a full-fledged league in 2009. Their first year was great! They showed their talent and kicked butt, ending with a 3-1 record! We have already met Harper Boiz (linebacker) and Kerry Warren (Running Back and Corner Back), now let's meet the Quarterback #4 Natasha Lindsey!

Brittney: How did you hear about this league?


Natasha: I heard about it from a friend on Myspace. He sent me a message with all the details and asked if I would be interested in trying out. I've always been athletic and loved sports so I thought this would be a great opportunity to be able to play a sport again since my collegiate softball career had ended.

Brittney: When did you start playing football?

Natasha: I've always played street football as a little girl with the neighborhood kids but competitive football, started when I was one of 20 girls who made the Seattle Mist! it was definitely not as easy as I though it was going to be!

Brittney: What do you do during the off season?

Natasha: Right now I am getting my Master's in Halthcare management and hope to get into the field of healthcare. Otherwise, I will try to find as much time as I can to spend with my family and friends, they are my support system.


Brittney: How do you stay in shape and avoid injury?

Natasha: I stay in shape by working out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run four miles and lift light weights. I was never much of a fan lifting weights but after the season ended, I realized that it's very important to not only be in shape with conditioning but strength is also a large factor at being successful.

Brittney: Do you play any other sports?

Natasha: I played collegiate softball for four years at Eastern New Mexico University

Brittney: What motivated you to try out?

Natasha: I love football and I've always been athletic. It was a couple years since I graduated from college and i missed playing a competitive sport so I thought why not?! It would not bother me wearing the uniforms and I get to play a sport I love to watch. It also gave me the chance to meet some great girls and make new friends, which I am!


Brittney: What is the worst hit you have taken?

Natasha: I was hit hard a couple of times. The first time was our first game at home vs. San Diego Seduction, I ran with the ball and I must have had 3 Seduction players gunning for me because next thing I knew I was being tackled, landed on my back and my head snapped back and hit the ground, which felt like concrete. Needless to say, my head hurt for a couple days after that. The other hit was against L.A. (Temptation) and it was the same type of hit. I guess their defense was taught to go straight for the Quarterback!

Brittney: What is your most embarrassing moment on the field?

Natasha: My most embarrassing moment I would have to say was the first game! We'd never worn the new game uniforms before and these new uniforms were a lot tighter than the original ones we used for promotions. Needless to say, with every step the bottom drew an inch more and more up our butt cheeks and into our butt! I remember always having to pull it out but it always found its way back up there so by the end of the season, I got used to it and didn't realize that it was creeping!

Brittney: What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Natasha: I enjoy working out, hiking, spending time with my nephew, family, and going for walks. I love the outside and any outdoor sports. I also love the sun, so when the sun shines here in Seattle I always find myself doing an outdoor sport. I also love going to the beach and going fishing.


Brittney: Where can we expect to see you in the future?
Natasha: I hope to play again next year. I am not sure that with one year, I got enough LFL football out of my system. There were times where it was hard work with blood, sweat, and tears, but I wouldn't have changed any of it (except for us not going to the Playoffs in Miami!! :). It was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity and it is something that I am very proud of and will be proud to tell my children and grandchildren. I am not always going to look like this (5'5 110 lbs) so why not take advantage of it? Plus, I have made great fiends and hopefully meet more great people next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment