Power Women Magazine | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Monday, March 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home



Let me now introduce you to Miami's hometown lingerie football team, the Caliente. The team plays at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida.

Now let's meet Miami Caliente's Team Captain, Tina Caccavale. She is a Florida native, born in Hollywood, Florida and raise by her parents and her older brothers, now you may understand her love and passion for the game of Football. Now let's get to know her and read her story!




Brittney: How did you about this league?

Tina: I heard about the LFL on Deco Drive back in October of 2008.

Brittney: When did you start playing football? And How?

Tina: I started playing organized football in 2001 for the Miami Stingrays, that is 11 on 11 full contact tackle football. I was always intrigued in football, I have two older brothers that I grew up with playing every sport rough.

Brittney: What do you do during the off season?

Tina: Work out, got to the beach to tan and shop, I also love to go out and eat fresh seafood.

Brittney: How do you stay in shape and avoid injury?

Tina: I stayed in shape by running, especially running stair bleachers at stadiums. I was just lucky enough not to get hurt. Experience may have also helped me. I know the proper technique of how to tackle a victim or catch and run a route.

Brittney: Do you play any other positions, or sports?

Tina: I am Miami Caliente's team captain. I play wide receiver, safety, and kicker. Off season I also play co-ed softball and flag football.

Brittney: What motivated you to try out?

Tina: I absolutely love everything about football and playing it. I also model part time. So the LFL is right up my alley and I wanted to try out. I did very well. I ended up leading the entire league in receptions on offense and interceptions on defense and the 2nd most tackles in the entire league of over 200 girls.


Brittney: What is the worst hit you have taken?

Tina: The worst hit was in game one on 9-4-09 in Chicago when I caught a really high pass up in the air and I was slightly pushed, in the the air!
~Tina is definitely motivated and dedicated to this sport! I would like to thank her for letting us interview her! I'm glad we had the chance to meet one of our very own hometown players! Keep up the hard work Tina! Good luck next season!~

No comments:

Post a Comment