Power Women Magazine | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Girls playing football?

Girls playing football? Professionally? You must be joking, right? Well no, were not joking at all, and to be honest it actually is quite fun to watch. I must admit however, when I first caught wind of the whole thing a couple years ago I was more than skeptical. In all honesty I do believe my words were" That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen". The thing is though that I never actually took the time to check out the sport. I think so often we love sports and we also love women, but the idea of women playing the sports is just a little hard for us to swallow. I challenge anyone reading this post though to take a second and head over to the official LFL website at http://www.lflus.com. Check out the teams, the videos, and the stats. You will soon realize that the LFL is in fact something different than other previous attempts. These aren't your average playboy bunnies trying to play football. These are beautiful women with a mean streak and a little extra aggression. They love to play the game and they love to hit hard. They are playing for the real true love of the game something that is all to often missing from some of the mainstream sports we watch today. People today I believe are tired of the same old sports with over paid players to scared to take a risk. These women however, are not scared and play with a passion that is refreshing to see these days. All I'm saying is that if you think its a joke dig a little deeper.Then I think you will agree that the LFL is toally legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment