Power Women Magazine | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Met The Player: Harper Boiz


Hey y'all. I have fortunately have had a chance to talk with several girls from the LFL. Here is part of the first interview from Harper Boiz of the Seattle Mist:

Brittney: How did you hear about this league?

Harper: I heard about the league from a co-worker. I have been a model/athlete all my life and they thought that I should try out for the team. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into at first but I made the cut back in Oct 08 and have been on the team (Seattle Mist) ever since.

Brittney: When did you start playing football? How?

Harper: I officially started playing football in October 2008 :). I played in the yard with my brothers and their friends growing up but nothing serious and I never knew the rules/play/routes/ that are involved with the game. It was not until we (the team) really started practicing in april 2009 that everything started to click. Watching a football game now is completely different for me. I know what's going on and can identify things that are happening on the field - I truly love the game- it's addicting and amazing- also a fabulous workout:)


Brittney: What do you do during the off season?

Harper: During the off season- I plan on resting up! I'm taking a 2 week trip to Hawaii in March and just having fun:) I am still training and running 4 to 5 days a week. Next season, I want to start out stronger and with higher intensity. Now that I know the game, I can focus on my skills and making myself the best that I can Be!



Brittney: How do you stay in shape and avoid injury? (season and off season)

Harper: Avoiding injury is hard, especially in this league. WE play hard; full tackle, with minimal clothing and padding. You just have to train hard and make yourself strong. Like any athlete, you push through the pain an take ice baths. On the days off oyu rest and heat/ice your pain away. I love to run; that is what I do for my workouts. I don't like to do alot of weights; cardio/yoga is what I like to do, it helps me clear my mind a stay centered.


........to be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment