Power Women Magazine | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Harper Boiz Second Interview

Hi Everyone! Its Brian and I also had the privileged of Interviewing "Harper Boiz" #5 LineBacker for the Seattle Mist!
We talked about the personal aspects of her life that lead her to the LFL, as well as a glimpse of her future. Enjoy!

Brian: Do you play any other positions, or sports?

Harper: I love playing defense. My position is corner but I can really play anywhere on defense (safety/linebacker). Since it's 7 on 7 and only 14 girls travel, you really have to know all the positions - so I can also play center and receiver on offense.

Other sports that I played growing up were volleyball, tennis and softball. I played basketball and soccer too but more or less enjoy watching those sports more than playing. I am also a dancer - did ballet for 18 years and competitive Hawaiian dance. I just thoroughly enjoy being active. In my free time, when I get to a beach I like to surf and have started to take up skateboarding and mountain biking.

Brian: What motivated you to try out?

Harper: My motivation for trying out for the Seattle Mist was the ideal of doing something out of the ordinary. Completely different and something that I don't think many people would expect me to do. I love being a sexy independent women and hopefully showing females they can do anything they put their minds too.

Brian: What is the worst hit you have taken?

Harper: The worst hit I've ever taken would have to be at practice, of all places. We were preparing for our first game of the season and one of my teammates was playing with more intensity that I was..... She dove tackled me, completely taking me by surprise because we were not suppose to be tackling at 100% being so near to the game....I ended up braking 3 ribs. It just hurt - bad.

Brian: What is your most embarrassing moment on the field?

Harper: To me it's embarrassing looking at footage and seeing my butt hanging out. They may sound stupid since I play in barely anything, however we are still athletes and sometimes I wish that the bottoms were a little bigger or the uniform covered a little bit more. It is what it is though, that is the whole appeal of the league and we probably wouldn't be as successful or have an many fans if we were playing in sweatpants :)

Brian: What do you enjoy doing on your free time? (Kids, hobbies, etc.)

Harper: In my free time I enjoy playing with my dog, Dolce. She is amazingly and surprises me everyday. I also love to run/do yoga/write/go out with my girls. I live each day differently. I'm a free spirit and love challenges. I'm learning how to skateboard currently and when the summer hits, I'll be learning how to wakeboard - the water in Seattle is too great not to be out taking advantage of it. :)

Brian: Where can we expect to see you in the future?

Harper: In the future, you can definitely see me next season playing for the Mist. I'm not really sure what else is in store for me. I'll be doing more swimsuit shoots and would like to get more into lingerie. I also love to volunteer at Battered Women and Children Centers and would like to get involved in the World Hunger Organization. I'm a vegan and would like to do more things with PETA as well.

~Well thats the scoop! If you would like to add some of your own questions or comments please feel free to post them and we will get them answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment